Project “Swing-by” initiated!
1.Registration Essay submission and interview
2.Initial online meeting – Group introduction and assignment of mentors
4.Invitation to the ISSJ Convention (final presentation of the Swing-by research and Spring Program, will be granted. (March 2019)
（Participation fee, accommodation and food will be covered. Flights will be NOT be covered.） （Some scholarship fund may be available for flights. ）
The world needs your excitement and curiosity.
About the ISSJ Swing-by World Convention (March)March 2019 Inaugural Swing-by World Convention will be held
- 【Time and Date】
- End of March 2019
- 5 days
- TBD ( will be hosted by a university and/or institute in Japan)
- Participation fee, accommodation fee and food will be covered（Flights will not be covered）
- Swing-by Group presentation
- Science Workshop
- Lectures by Guest Researcher
- Other fun activities
- Visits to innovative research facilities
Yoshi (Yoshifumi Komasa)
- 量子コンピュータ用半導体材料としてのシリコン同位体を用いたバルク単結晶の作成(2003) Creating a bulk mono-crystal using silicon isotope as semiconductor material for quantum computing
- 三次元動的モデリングにおける単振り子(2004) Three dimensional dynamic modeling of single pendulum
- Linux on Mainframeによる大型システムの災害対策設計構築およびパフォーマンス(2008) Disaster planning, building, and performance of large scale system using linux on mainframe
M.S. in Applied Physics from Harvard University
While researching at Harvard University as a PhD candidate in Applied Physics, Gaku began practicing meditation and yoga, and got into scientific investigations of spiritual practices.
- G. Nagashima, E.V. Levine, D.P. Hoogerheide, M.M. Burns, and J.A. Golovchenko. 2014. “Superheating and homogeneous single bubble nucleation in a solid-state nanopore.” Physical Review Letters, 113, Pp. 024506.
… Other mentors information will be updated soon.
ISSJ Swing-by OVERVIEW
|Target Age of Participants||Age 10〜17 (At the time of application)|
|Requirements for the theme of each project are:||
- Even before deadline, the interview screening and group matching will be processed as they come in.
- Early application is highly recommended.
ABOUT THE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF SCIENCE JAPAN FOUNDING PROJECT (ISSJ)The International School will be found with a special focus on students’ science research project. The project will consist of creating a learning environment which will also function as a research institute, where students will receive an accredited high school diploma. This learning environment will encourage and support students to immerse themselves in their interests, all the while gaining various knowledge and skill sets. Therefore, there will be no teachers who will enforce their teaching to students. The Mentors will guide and direct the learnings and research of each student. There will be no one-size-fits-all curriculum. Each students’ curriculum will be tailored according to the individual. Projected School Opening: September 2020 Planned School Accreditation: WASC Location of School: TBD
CONCEPT OF “SWING-BY”
photo by NASA
Recruiting Supportive Community Member
- How to get involved:
- Financial support
- Equipment rental/donation
- Hosting the collaboration research project